Sunday, August 28, 2011

Who's This Dude?

Just thought I'd share with you what Who's This Dude? is since it will be in my lesson plans every week...

I have a bulletin board outside my room and every week, there is a new picture of a famous composer. Every student in the school has the opportunity to participate in the guessing of who it is. I put up a new clue every day of the week until Friday. They're coded or as if the composer himself were saying them in little speech bubbles (I'll post a picture later). In order to win, a student must find me and whisper it in my ear. They don't want to share with their friends because only one person gets a small prize for getting the Dude right AND their name on the announcements the next day! Last week's winner was a 5th grader on Monday - it was Beethoven. I found out later he did a project on Beethoven at the end of last year. He better know who it was! :)

At the end of the week, we will talk about the composer's life, some of their accomplishments, but most importantly, listen to their attributions to our society through music! I hope this will be one more enriching musical experience for each and every student in the school! See if you parents and teachers can guess who my Dude is for this week! But SHHHHH, don't tell your kiddos!! That's cheating!!

No comments:

Post a Comment